Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Over 7,000 page views in the last month!

When I brought all of my blogs together into this single blog, in late June of 2017,  I had no idea how it would work.  My top blogs have been my old school BMX story blogs over the past decade.  For a while, I was averaging about 3,000-3,500 page views a month, though 1,500 to 2,500 a month was normal.  That's not 3,000 different people, but it let me know that several hundred people were reading my stuff consistently.  That surprised the hell out of me.  At times, I'd have a couple of big posts, and I might get over 4,000 page views in a 30 day period. 

But this blog is all over the place.  I tell some old school BMX stories still.  I show my Sharpie drawings and write about art and creativity.  I write about economics, the future, big picture thinking,  social dynamics, and then write about my struggles with homelessness a couple of days later.  My life's a weird one, and what I'm thinking about most of the time, which is how to get our country back on track financially and spiritually, is far different that what my day to day life and appearance would suggest. 

Whatever is going on, a lot of you are checking out this blog.  The big posts are still the BMX story posts, but some of my other, more random posts, get checked out a fair amount, too.  The number of people checking out my blog amazes me, and I just want to thank all of you who think my writing and drawings are worth a bit of your time.  Because none of us seems to have enough time these days. 

I never would have imagined this blog getting 7,000 views in a month when I started it last year.  Thanks again everyone, and I'll try to keep it worth your while to keep checking it out and reading my stories. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Slappy Days are here again...

I used to hate it when lazy magazine writers would use a popular old song title or tag line as the title to an article or TV segment, when I...