Sunday, July 15, 2018

Metallica drawing

I just finished this drawing the other day.  It was ordered by a woman I know here in Winston for her husband's birthday.  I know there's a bunch of Metallica fans out there who follow my blog and Facebook, so now you can all get jealous that this baby is not on your wall. 

My own knowledge of Metallica goes back to a little music article about them by Gork, then editor in BMX Action magazine, in 1986.  Within months, I wound up working with, and as a roommate of Gork and Lew, where we were 3/4 of the Wizard Publications editorial team.  We rode our BMX bikes to work much of the time, but when we rode in Gork's van to and from work, it was pretty much blasting Metallica's Master of Puppets at all times.  There was a bit of Saxon and other metal, but mostly Metallica.  So it was good to crank up the up the volume, and rock out for a few days while drawing this one.  It's all done with Sharpies on paper, 18" X 24," in my unique "scribble style." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slappy Days are here again...

I used to hate it when lazy magazine writers would use a popular old song title or tag line as the title to an article or TV segment, when I...