Friday, July 6, 2018

First Friday Gallery Hop at light speed (7/6/2018)

I just wandered through the First Friday Gallery Hop here in Winston-Salem, up and down Trade and Liberty Streets.  I've been more focused on doing some promotion and hopefully selling or getting orders for my Sharpie art at the Heavy Rebel Weekender starting today.  I headed down to Trade Street to make some flyers, but the UPS store closed earlier than I thought, and I got there late.  When I got bummed about that, the manager said I could make a few copies, since I go in there a lot.  But I had a good half hour of work to do, so I headed out, frustrated.  My screw up. 

So I wandered around Trade and Liberty Streets, the Art District.  There's some REALLY cool stuff in the Delurk Gallery tonight, several different groups of art really made an impression on me.  The HUGE painting of the girl in the water was freakin' amazing. 

I wandered through Designs, Vines, and Wines/Studios at 625, where some of my Sharpie artwork is up.  I usually sit in there and draw live on Saturday's, particularly on Gallery Hop nights.  But I have a ton of stuff, plus laundry to do at home tonight.  So I'm not there tonight.  I wandered through the Red Dawg/AFAS gallery, which had a lot of really colorful abstract pieces up, but nothing made much of an impression on me.  But that's just me, and I was in a kinda bad mood.  Usually there's more of a wider range or pieces in there. 

I solved my bad attitude with some French fries, a Diet Pepsi, and a couple of games of Galaga at the Bar-B-Q place on 7th and Liberty.  OK, there's my really lame look at tonight's Hop, which didn't have a huge crowd.  The weather was cloudy, but it was pretty dang comfortable out, and a good night to wander. 

Huge car show, part of the Heavy Rebel Weekender event, tomorrow.  Come check it out.  Great custom cars of all kinds and great people watching as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slappy Days are here again...

I used to hate it when lazy magazine writers would use a popular old song title or tag line as the title to an article or TV segment, when I...