Sunday, July 1, 2018

Next Weekend Baby... HRW in W-S


The BMX, skate, punk rock world I came from doesn't really exist here in Winston-Salem.  Except for Heavy Rebel Weekender on 4th of July weekend every year.  Rockabilly, psychobilly, hot rods, rat rods, burlesque, big guys in black T-shirts on 92 degree days and women all dolled up retro style.  It's the best weekend of the year in Winston-Salem to me.  And this year I'll have a bunch of art down there.  Heavy Rebel Weekender, July 5th-7th, First Friday Gallery Hop on the 7th, and my ridiculous court fine due on Monday.  It's on next weekend...

If you're part of the HRW scene, you don't know me.  Here's a taste of what I do with some Sharpie markers:

 Haven't finished Mike yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slappy Days are here again...

I used to hate it when lazy magazine writers would use a popular old song title or tag line as the title to an article or TV segment, when I...