Monday, July 9, 2018

New Poem- Life:What will you do?


Life:  What will you do?



Chances are

You won't fossilize
Your skull will last a while
After your meat puppet dies
The flesh ain't you
It never was
The bones aren't either
They're just borrowed dust
You're a piece
Of God's Big Bang
Not the cosmic one
That's another thing
The Great One splintered
Into billions of shards
One is your soul
That let down its guard
In a cosmic backwater
Near a minor star
You swooped down
Free will to explore
Among the creatures
You ducked and wove
Then, with a leap of faith
You dove
Two legged creatures
Scrambling 'round
Turned into humans
As we dove down
Splinter of light
In human flesh
What will you do
While you're Earth's guest?

-The White Bear

So... I had this idea to draw a big skull.  I wanted to do something different that the musician drawings I do for other people all the time.  I drew it freehand, and got the idea to color it in sort of a weird tie dye style.  I wanted to do a drawing and just let the ideas happen as it progressed, no intentions ahead of time.  I do that to some degree in all my drawings these days, but I always have the musician or athlete I'm drawing as the final goal.

I've also been listening to a lot of talks on You Tube about the "sleeping prophet," the late Edgar Cayce.  He was the most documented psychic of all time, and gave  over 14,000 readings, every one documented and transcribed, about people's health and other things while in a self-induced trance.  Much of what he talked about in the 1920's to 1940's in his readings has come to pass.  His sources told of the journey our souls take through the universe, and why we inhabit human bodies for a while.  While every religion speaks of us having souls or spirits, Cayce's readings go into great detail on this.

It sounds really crazy at first, but my life has brought me to a place where I think he's right on the money.  So all of that was sloshing around my brain when I felt a poem coming, and I wrote it right out of my head an onto the skull drawing.  I sold the drawing the other day, and didn't get a photo of it, but I wanted to share the poem with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slappy Days are here again...

I used to hate it when lazy magazine writers would use a popular old song title or tag line as the title to an article or TV segment, when I...