Sunday, May 20, 2018

Who the Heck is Steve Emig? Revisited

That's me in the photo doing a wall ride on my BMX bike over my sister's head, on the Blues Brothers Wall in Huntington Beach, California, in 1990.  This video still is from my self-produced BMX freestyle video, The Ultimate Weekend.  My sister, Cheri had just started college to become a teacher when this photo was taken.  She's now a teacher in Greensboro, mother of my niece and nephew, and one of the thousands of teachers who marched for better funding in Raleigh the other day.  I'm proud of her and all the teachers for doing that.  Keep rocking teachers!

The Fox 8 news piece and my art has brought me to the attention of a bunch of people recently who don't know much about me.  I've had many adventures before I became Winston-Salem's "Homeless Sharpie Artist Guy."  So here's a blog post I wrote several months ago so you can learn where I came from (and WAY more than you really want to know about me).  Follow the link at your own risk ; ) .

Who the Heck is Steve Emig? My creative history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...