Friday, May 25, 2018

"Do the Clam" with Elvis Presley

Here's my Elvis Presley Sharpie "scribble style" drawing I just finished.  I initially started this to go up on the wall at Earshot Music, here in Winston-Salem.  Jane and Phred at Earshot were the first people to put my art up for the public to see, and gave me my first show here in Winston-Salem. I am really appreciative of that.  But Elvis got snapped up by a man who bought another of my drawings from Earshot a while back. 


At the moment, there's one of my drawings of The Ramones on the wall there.  There's not much of an old school punk rock scene here, so nobody has snapped it up.  I'm trying to keep two quality pieces up at Earshot, but I'm now swamped with orders.  They are featuring another artist since my show ended, but the side wall has works by several local artists, myself included.  So while I try to keep up with orders (a good problem to have), I need to do a couple for Earshot on the side, and a new piece or two for Rachel at Designs,Vines, and Wines on Trade Street, who also has my art up on the wall.

So, as you can imagine, my prices will be going up for original drawings after I finish those ordered right now, which is 6 to 8 weeks worth of work.  Rachel has made a few large prints of my drawings of Dr. Maya Angelou, Jerry Garcia, and poet Mary Oliver.  You can contact Rachel for those or me or Earshot if anyone's interested in The Ramones.

For all you Elvis fans out there, here's his classic song, "Do the Clam."  Yeah, that's a real song.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...