Sunday, May 6, 2018

My tent got ransacked yesterday: 5/6/2018


Today's theme song comes from a band that played their first gig in a Huntington Beach living room. 

I was feeling kind of crappy yesterday.  I spent much of the day working on a new drawing, one that I'll be able to make art prints of.  By selling those prints, I'll be a step closer to making a steady income large enough to rent a room before long. 

I got back to my tent last night to find it totally ransacked.  Even in the dark, it was obvious it wasn't the work of an animal.  Random stuff from one side of the tent was pulled out onto the ground.  In my sleeping area, I keep my stuff in garbage bags to protect things from the rain.  Nearly everything was pulled out of the bags and thrown all over.  The clothes I had just washed were thrown all over, spread among the funky smelling clothes from another bag that I just couldn't carry to the laundromat.  I found most of my clean socks on the ground outside my tent this morning.  What can I say, there are some lame ass motherfuckers in this world.  This is like 3rd grader mentality type stuff.

So instead of being able to get to work all day, I have to go back and clean up the mess.  This is the same kind of bullshit I had to deal with for years in California in the 2000's.  Same shit, different decade, different state. 

After 9/11, our president declared a war on terrorism.  But the everyday terrorizing of homeless people continues.

OK, done ranting, back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...