Saturday, May 12, 2018

Open Art Jam tonight on Trade Street 5/12/2018

I'm planning to be hanging out and drawing my Sharpie art at Rachel's studio tonight on Trade Street in Winston-Salem.  The location is inside Studios at 625, at- you guessed it- 625 Trade Street.  Saturday nights are an Open Art Jam there.  You can see one or more artists (like me) actually working on our stuff.  There's an open mike for poetry, spoken word, music, whatever.  Chill out and watch, or join in, it's up to you.  Rachel has "Create and Sip" art projects ($25- supplies included), about ten different ones, at her space, Designs, Vines, and Wines.  You can do a project to take home, sip some wine (if you're legal, of course), and have a blast.  Our friend Melvin will probably be there throwing out his great beats on his bongos, which always adds to the vibe and invites spontaneous dancing.  It's always a good time.

I'm not an official artist there at 625, there are eight artists who are, all with different kinds of really cool work.  Rachel at Designs, Vines, and Wines welcomed me in a few months ago, and I'm a featured artist in her space.  You can check out the Kelly Slater surf drawing in the pic above, drawn in my original Sharpie scribble style, and a couple other original pieces of mine. 

Come by and check it out if you're in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...