Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Great music clips I've found while doing my drawings: Part 1


Prince steals the show from an all star group with one of the great guitar jams of all time.  The event was the  Rock 'n" Roll Hall of Fame induction of George Harrison.

Any of you following this blog lately know that I have been doing drawings of musicians a lot over the past several months.  I did a show at Earshot Music here in Winston-Salem (NC), introducing my Sharpie scribble style to this area back in November.  Since then, I've been asked to draw a whole host of drawings of musicians and bands.  When I'm doing these drawings, I immerse myself in the music and interviews of the musicians.  Here are some of the great YouTube clips I've come across while doing this.  Enjoy.


Prince- Superbowl halftime show
Prince- "The Art of Musicology" acoustic set
Kevin Smith talking about working for Prince (NSFW)
Nirvana- "Sliver"
James Brown- "It's a Man's World" (with Joss Stone)
Tedeschi Trucks Band- "Anyhow" live in studio
Tedeschi Trucks Band- "Midnight in Harlem" live
Social Distortion- "Don't Drag Me Down" live in Orange County
Social Distortion- "Reach for the Sky" live and acoustic
Lana Del Rey- "Summer Wine"
Lana Del Rey- "Old Money"
Joan Jett & Nirvana members- "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts- Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame set
Gloria Jones- "Tainted Love" 1964 Original version
Soft Cell- "Tainted Love"
Social Distortion- "Tainted Love"
Imelda May- "Tainted Love" 
Marilyn Manson (NSFW/uncensored)  "Tainted Love" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...