Tuesday, June 12, 2018

ZZ Top Sharpie drawing

My latest Sharpie drawing, blues rock legends ZZ Top.  OK, two out of three members, anyhow.  I'm really stoked on how this one came out.  Sharpies on paper, 18" X 24", Sold.

If you check out my blog often, you know that I always listen to the music and interviews of the musicians I'm drawing to get their vibe while I work.  Since I was a high school kid in the 80's during the MTV video revolution, I dug ZZ Top videos back then.  But I always run across some live video or new song when I'm working on these pieces that's amazing.  In this case, I found this great jam session featuring ZZ Top guitarist Billy Gibbons on a video series called Daryl's House.  The Daryl is Daryl Hall, of Hall and Oates fame.  He was not somebody I was a huge fan of back in the day.  But this is a really great program, I've watched it three times already.  If you like, the blues, ZZ Top, Daryl Hall or guacamole, you should watch this:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...