Friday, June 1, 2018

The Year of the Tent #8

 Lana Del Rey/Old Money, 18" X 24,", Sharpies on paper, sold.  A friend named Lisa, who I met when she interviewed me about my artwork, had me do this for her daughter Erin's 16th birthday.  I'm always nervous about doing a birthday present drawing for someone I don't know.  as you'll see from Erin's photo in another post, things turned out well.  Erin loves the drawing, and I am now a fan of Lana Del Rey, thanks Lisa and Erin.
Tedeschi Trucks Band, 18" X 24," Sharpies on paper.  A Triad couple who bought a couple of my drawings from Earshot Music later had me do a series of drawings for them.  Tedeschi Trucks Band was a group I'd never heard of, and they're amazing.  I always dive into the music and interviews of the bands and people I draw.  With this drawing, I got turned on to a new band and this is one of my favorite drawings I've done in the last year.  This couple's orders basically kept me alive and got my art business off the ground.  Thank you for that.  They recently moved to Kentucky, and I have a couple more orders to do for them.  Like Hannibal in the A-Team, I love it when a plan comes together.
Jimi Hendrix/Hey Joe, 18" X 24," Sharpies on paper.  Why would a fat, smelly, homeless guy take a shot at drawing one of the most classic images in Rock n' Roll history?  Because I thuoght I could fucking rock it.  Jimi came out pretty good.  He's living in Kentucky right now.
Young Elvis Presley and fans, 18" X 24," Sharpies on paper.  The guy who bought my Kurt Cobain drawing in my show at Earshot Music last November, has turned a friend of his on to my work, and that man is now a collector.  I started this Elvis Presley drawing intending for it to hang on the wall at Earshot Music.  Elvis never made it to the wall.  Sorry wall.  Good problem to have for me, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...