Friday, June 1, 2018

The Year of the Tent #11

 Stevie Ray Vaughn/The Sky is Crying, 18" X 24," Sharpies on paper.  One of my favorites of the favorites I've done in the last year.  This drawing is now in Kentucky with several others of mine.  I got to actually see him play in a bar, on Sixth Street in Austin, Texas in 1987.  I didn't know who he was then.  Freakin' amazing bluesman.
 My tools.  Most of them.  For the last crazy year, I've carried my art studio wherever I go.
 Be weird.  "Most progress in the world comes from the Freaks, Geeks, Dorks, and Weirdos."  This drawing, and the one below, are now on the office wall of Ms. China Krys Darrington.  She works in the trenches helping people recover from opiate addiction and similar issues.  Keep up the great work China.  These two drawings, and several others of mine, now live in Ohio, where I was born and lived as a kid.
More good advice (in my opinion), "Do the impossible, it really pisses off normal people."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...