Saturday, June 9, 2018

Djembe beats and artistic treats 6/8/2018


Melvin the drummer, came by Studios at 625 last night, and dropped beats out front for the passersby on Trade Street.  He just had this great little video produced about him, and he always gets people moving with his rhythms. 

Inside, Rachel at Designs, Vines, and Wines was making plaster face masks of two women and a girl, which I've never actually watched  being done before.  I took up residence at one of the tables in the middle of the studio, and did my Sharpie scribble thing on a drawing of ZZ Top I'm doing for a couple in Kentucky. 

The open mike that usually happens on Friday nights never quite got opened.  A handful of the locals chilled out, had some pizza, and wandered around the Winston-Salem Art District.  The day had been hot, and the night was warm and sticky. 

In a late search for a Diet Coke, I wandered into the Bar-B-Q place on Liberty for the first time.  I found a Galaga game upstairs, which I hadn't played in at least ten years, and rocked it up to Level 10 and about 65,000 points.  I was pretty stoked on that.  I left with a Diet Pepsi and went back to keep scribbling with my Sharpies. 

Rachel got a late evening client wanting her daughter to get plaster pregnant belly mold, and the kid is supposed to pop out today or tomorrow.  Can't get much more pregnant than that.Since that's a pretty intimate process between expectant mom and artist Rachel, I took that as my cue to head home.  Oh yeah, I have a home now.  Well, I'm on a couch tour, but close enough. 

Another Friday night getting creative at Designs, Vines, and Wines/Studios at 625 on Trade Street here in Winston. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...