Thursday, June 14, 2018

Not so smooth criminal- 6/14/2018


I always liked this cover of the Michael Jackson song.  By the way, of you're a Michael Jackson fan, go buy my MJ drawing at 625 Trade Street in Winston-Salem, I need the money (see below).

-This past Tuesday, I officially became a criminal.  Last October, I got arrested for trespassing as I walked out of an Aldi's store after buying a pack of donuts.  Long story.  I threw my elbow up instinctively when grabbed on the should from behind, which qualified as resisting arrest.  I wound up spending three days in jail, and this was while I still had half a beetle still lodged in my ear and was partially deaf from that.  Seriously, my life is so crazy it wouldn't be believed as a novel.

Anyhow, since that was my first arrest in 51 years of life on Earth, I qualified for some deferred something-or-other program.  But being the goofball I am, I spent my time drawing cool Shapie drawings to earn money to survive, and didn't do all my community service hours or pay the $250 fine that I couldn't possibly afford.  So now it's on my record, I'm officially a criminal.  Oh, and I have to pay $432 in court fines and fees plus court costs in less than a month.  I'm guessing that'll be about $700 total, more than I've made in any month in the last six years.  So that will be fun.

I also have to do another 50 hours (did 19 earlier) of community service, and I have a 30 day jail sentence, suspended for one year.  I'm trapped in the legal web here.  Bummer.

Anybody wanna buy a cool drawing?  I've got a bunch lined up, but I'll need to make additional money to get the fine paid.  Send your donations to Free The White Bear at...

All that fun aside, the new roommate situation is going well, we get along good, we both hate to clean, and we have air conditioning and wifi now, which is great.  No mom, he isn't gay, we're just roommates.  She thinks most every guy is gay for some reason. She's just kinda weird that way.

I'm still drawing every day.  Starting on a drawing of The Beatles this afternoon for a couple who've bought several other drawings.

It's now summer weather here in Winston-Salem, crazy hot and humid most every day.  For a fat guy like me, that means I took a shower in May but won't dry off until October.  Humidity... yuk.  Like the comedian Louie Anderson used to say, "Us fat people, we don't tan, we baste."

Since my current need to quickly earn a bunch more money than last month popped up, thanks to the court fine, I'll be launching some new ideas soon.  Stay tuned...

Also, I'll be hanging out and drawing live, and actually performing some kind of spoken word/poetry piece at Wine and Rhymes, at Designs, Vines and Wines, 625 Trade Street here in W-S, on Friday, June 29th.  So that should be fun.

The Heavy Rebel Weekender will be happening here at the Millenium Center and on Trade Street July 5-7th.  I will have some new art up in the front window of 625 Trade for that, and Gallery Hop is on Friday the 6th, so Trade Street Will be rockin'.  That's the news for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...