Friday, June 1, 2018

The Year of the Tent Art #1



These are some of the drawings I was doing in early 2017 while living with my mom in Kernersville.  We didn't get along.  We never have.  I couldn't find a "real job."  I started focusing on my art in late 2015 as my best shot of actually making a living again.  But the household I was living in was continually in financial crisis.  Every time I sold a drawing for $50, most of that money was needed for the crisis du jour.  For a year and a half, I was never able to re-invest the tiny bit of money I was making.  So one year ago today, after a really heated argument with my mom, I came to Winston-Salem to strike out on my own with the goal of turning my artwork into a living.  I came here with about $15 in my pocket, a box of Sharpie markers, a big tablet of sketch paper, and my niece's old Dell laptop.  In the next several posts, I'll show you what I've done in this past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...