Friday, June 1, 2018

The Year of the Tent # 10: Happy Customers

 This is Erin, who got a drawing I did of singer Lana Del Rey for her 16th birthday recently.  Her mom Lisa said she was "over the moon."  Finishing a drawing I really like feels great.  But seeing a photo of someone who got one of my drawings as a present is as cool as it gets.  There's a close-up photo of the drawing a few posts back.
 As a long time skateboarder and one time skate industry guy, I was really stoked on this opportunity.  In this photo, all three ladies are in the Skateboarding Hall of Fame.  On the left is Vicki Vickers, in the middle is Deanna Calkins, and on the right is Robin Logan, from the family that created the Logan Earth Ski boards.  After receiving a drawing of mine as a gift herself over a year ago, Robin has had me do drawings of friends as gifts.  This past Mother's Day, Vicki and Deanna got these drawings as gifts from Robin, both of photos from their heyday as pioneering women skaters.
 As a Sharpie artist, what do I do when my brain is tired from concentrating?  Adult coloring... sort of.  I draw freehand "doodle art" pieces, and then color them.  This "Love is the Answer" drawing full of hears still isn't finished, but you can see it if you find me at the Winston-Salem First Friday Gallery Hop tonight (6/1/2018).
Here's the first drawing Robin Logan (above) had me do, her older brother Bruce Logan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...