Saturday, February 3, 2018

Trade Street First Friday Gallery Hop 2/2/2018

This drawing of Jerry Garcia was not up at the Studios at 625 on Trade Street last night.  But it was in my tablet, and I showed it to a bunch of people who were interested in my work.  I got a great response to my limited group of drawings.  I've been waiting to get paid for this particular Jerry drawing since about Christmas.  Hopefully the money will come in a couple of days. 

At the invitation of Rachel from Designs, Vines, &Wines, I had my Michael Jackson drawing (see last post) up in the front window at Studios at 625 (Trade Street), and she's dubbed me a "featured artist" this month. I was in the gallery drawing, hanging out, and talking to people most of last night.  It was great to be back in a small gallery scene again.  There was free wine samples, crafty beer from a nearby pub, and healthy snacks to be had, while I sipped my Diet Coke.

The tattoo shop down the street had a live suspension happen.  I guess "live" is inferred.  A suspension of a live person is pretty freakin' nutty.  A suspension of a dead person would just smell bad, and be much less exciting.  I didn't go see it.  I was enjoying drawing and talking to those wandering in.  A group painting was there to add to.  We had a small poetry reading, and I got up and did an amazingly bad reading of my "Become" poem.  That's the first time I read a poem in public since the first poetry reading I went to in Huntington Beach, (CA) in about 1994.  At that first reading, a beautiful blond gave me her number, and said she loved my poetry.  We met for coffee a couple days later... and she tried to get me to join Amway.  I haven't gone to a poetry reading since.

A spontaneous hillbilly music jam erupted with a guy playing spoons (forgot your name, sorry) and me busting some hambone knee slapping.  I whipped out my harmonica, and played my song, "Labor Ready Blues," for the first time in public. 

All in all, it was a dang good time.  You missed out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...