Friday, February 23, 2018

Recent Sharpie art 2/23/2018

 I was asked to draw Jerry Garcia of The Grateful Dead, and put the drawing on Facebook while waiting to get paid for it.  A friend in California wanted to buy it.  So I did this second Jerry Garcia drawing for her.  I never got paid for the first one, so it's now on sale at Studios at 625 on Trade Street (in Winston-Salem).  Sharpies on paper, 18" X 24"
 A man who'd bought a couple other drawings asked if I could do an "amazing" Michael Jackson drawing.  He never got back to me when I sent him the photo of this one.  It's now in the front window of Studios at 625 on Trade Street, and is for sale.  Sharpies on paper, 18" X 24".
I drew this Tupac for my show at Earshot Music (Silas Creek at Hanes Mall Blvd./next to Marshall's), but it sold before it made it up on the wall.  Sharpies on paper, 18" X 24".
This one is my favorite of the recent ones, my tribute to the song "Tainted Love."  The Marilyn Manson version of the song has a web edit with Harley Quinn and The Joker from the Suicide Squad movie, and I thought that would be fun to do.  Honestly, I did this one just for myself, but it is up on the wall for sale at Earshot Music.  Sharpies on paper, 18" X 24".

All of these drawings took 25 to about 40 hours to draw, and are colored with my unique Sharpie "scribble style," where I scribble three to eight layers of different colors to arrive at the final color.  This is my own unique style, which I've been doing for 12 years now.  At the moment, I have work lined up to do for the next five weeks or so, but if you're interested in a drawing after that you can email me at stevenemig13@gmail.com . I go by Steve, but my email is "steven," don't forget the "n".  Or you can check out my finished works at Earshot Music (til the end of February) or Studios at 625, at 625 Trade Street in Winston-Salem. 

I'd like to give a HUGE Thank You to Phred and Jane Buck at Earshot Music, and Rachel White at Studios at 625 for giving my work a chance to be seen locally.  I also want to shout out all the people from the old school BMX and Facebook world who bought drawings over the last couple years as I worked to hone my skills and turn this into an actual job.  Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...