Wednesday, February 7, 2018

The Space X Faclon Heavy and other big rockets


I can't stop laughing when I see this.  Yes, there's now a Tesla Roadster in space.  If you're an old Generation X kid like me, you remember being glued to the TV set as a kid watching the huge Apollo V rockets sending astronauts to the moon.  If you're younger, you probably spent some time watching space shuttle launches live in the 80's and 90's.  Let's face it, most of us have thought about going to space at some point. 

With all the hype around yesterday's Space X launch of the first Falcon Heavy rocket, I wondered just how it stands up against the other rockets humans have launched.  Here's a CNN article comparing the Falcon to other American rockets, past, present, and future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...