Thursday, February 1, 2018

A hard look at low income housing in America


While drawing one of my Sharpie pictures today, I was looking for a speech or documentary to listen to, trying to see if the economy really has improved for rural and small town America.  The more I look into the big picture of what's happening in our world, the more I see how many people are struggling, particularly in small cities, towns, and rural areas.  I come in contact with several personally everyday, both homeless and low wage employees, but I wasn't sure how widespread this issue is. 

This is one of the better docs I've come across, and it's from last year (2017), so it's recent.  If you're at all interested in the subjects of poverty, low income housing, homelessness, and related issues, this is worth watching.  What's happening in Dallas and Florida in this documentary is probably happening many other places to a greater or lesser extent.

As a currently homeless artist/blogger/entrepreneur, I'm working on these issues both for myself, and on the larger scale, looking for ways to get people making a decent living doing meaningful work.  We need a lot more people working on the various aspects of poverty, for the good of EVERYONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...