Friday, February 1, 2019

Uncriminalized?

I got word yesterday, third hand, that the charges against me in Winston-Salem, North Carolina for 2nd degree trespassing and resisting arrest (my only criminal charges ever) have been dismissed. According to this report, the $700+ in fines and fees, and, presumably, the 50 more hours of community service, have also been dropped.  This may or may not be true.  I don't know for sure.

It's been a while, I'm sure you've forgotten, but I was arrested after buying donuts at an Aldi grocery store.  I was told to leave the property by the off duty police officer working security.  I went back into the store to buy something to eat, and was arrested after paying and leaving the store.  I spent 3 days in jail, the third night sharing the cell with a federal inmate, and I later did 19 hours of community service. 

It doesn't really matter.  I have no intention of ever setting foot in the state of North Carolina again.  I met a dozen or so really cool people there that I hope will remain friends at a distance.  My sister's family and my mom still live there.  But I will never, EVER visit them there.

As I've said many times before, I was forced from Southern California to North Carolina against my will by tremendous outside pressure over several years.  I never wanted to move there.  I was not able to find any way to make a decent living in North Carolina.  My ten years trapped in that state were truly a living hell, the worst years, by far, of my adult life. 

So the charges may or may not have actually been dropped.  It doesn't matter to me.  Hopefully I will be able to move on and forget that period of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...