Wednesday, February 27, 2019

My Sharpie Scribble Style Art 2005-2019 - #12


 The mainstream sports drawings...  I was living in the small town of Kernersville, North Carolina, in 2015, when I decided to work towards turning my Sharpie art into a business and start making a living from it.  I'm still working on the "making a living" part, but that's due largely to crazy life circumstances.  Like I said before, I didn't have some lifelong dream to be a visual artist.  I didn't even consider myself a visual artist until more than a year later.  I simply never got called back for any job I applied for in K-ville and that area. 

I sold a drawing now and then for a little money.  So that seemed like my best bet.  Since I like doing it, I knew I would stick with it for the long haul.  Living in NC, I became a Carolina Panthers fan.  They're perpetual underdogs, and do crazy shit, like run the ball on 3rd and 17, and then convert the first down.  It's easy to root for a team like that.  So I drew  picture of Cam Newton.  Not long after, someone bought it.  Then I did another.

To order a drawing, email me at stevenemig13@gmail.com
 I found this Carolina Panther picture online, and just wanted to draw it because I liked the look of it.  It took a while, but I eventually sold this one fairly cheap.
 This is the first Cam Newton drawing I did, doing his "Superman" thing, like in the other drawing.
 My nephew Ethan has been a Boston Red Sox fan since age 4, and never switched.  Diehard.  I was running out of ideas of what to draw for him for birthday's and Christmas.  Being unable to find work, I couldn't afford a "real" gift.  So I went old school, and drew Ethan a picture of Babe Ruth.  I put a poem I wrote on it, about how "we must become our own heroes." 
 From year one, the clean cut Luke Kuechly just plain kicked butt as a super smart and tough linebacker on the Panthers.  He studies films so intensely that opposing quarterbacks often hear him calling out their plays as they line up.  This one was requested by the woman who bought the first Cam Newton drawing.
I'm not a big basketball fan, but I am originally from Ohio, so I was stoked when Lebron got an NBA championship for Cleveland in 2016.  I drew this drawing of Lebron going for the basket, and one of Kyrie Irving shooting the three pointer that clinched the championship.  I tried a little different background, which I wasn't too happy with.  I sat on both of the drawings for a couple of years, but finally sold them separately,  for much less than I normally sell drawings, in 2018.  #sharpiescribblestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...