Tuesday, February 26, 2019

My Sharpie Scribble Style Art 2005-2019 - #11

 More BMX drawings...  I found it.  One time roommate and long time friend Randy Lawrence, had me do this drawing of him, and son Ryder, hitting the wall in unison.  I think I drew this about two years ago.  The photo was a couple years old then.  Ryder goes a bit bigger now... like HUGE.  The background of the wall is the names of a whole bunch of the most influential BMX freestylers over the years.  Sharpies on paper, 18" X 24", #sharpiescribblestyle
 Yeah, this was in the last post.  So?  DMC, learning the way old schoolers did.  11" X 17".
 Simon Tabron with the one handed table, and an idea I had.  I really need to do a serious drawing of Simon at some point. 11" X 17"
 One of the first two women to seriously ride BMX freestyle.  Texan Alma Jo Barrera surfing the Velodrome at the AFA Masters, 1987.  Alma Jo and I went out a bit back then.  She had me do 5 or 6 drawings when I was getting going seriously in 2016.  She's also been a huge help lately, getting me through the crazy winter here in my sketchy situation.  Thanks Alma Jo!
 Another one of Alma Jo with a classic stomach stand at the Velodrome.  1980's freestyle all the way, showing the women of the day how it's done.
Another Boozer Jam drawing that I didn't get to Mike in time to raffle off.  Josh Stricker oozing style.  One handed tabletop at Sheep Hills.  SHL for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...