Sunday, February 24, 2019

My Sharpie Scribble Style Art 2005-2019 - #3

 A bunch of random drawings...  I got into looking up old, public domain, photos in 2016, I think.  I added my own captions, and this is one I drew.  The caption is, "Do the impossible... it really pisses off normal people."
 I did this in 2015, I think, when our church had a Halloween Trunk or Treat for the kids.  I wanted to see if I could draw a decent skull in my weird "tile" style.  Nothing to write home about.
 This the wall of my "studio," the apartment where I lived with my mom from 2015 to 2017.  A whole bunch of my earliest serious drawings are up there, along with "tile" style drawings with hidden words in them, and idea I played with a bit.
 I did this as a bonus drawing for Alma Jo Barrera, a friend from Texas and one of the first couple of serious women in the sport of BMX freestyle.  She ordered 5 or 6 drawings from me in early 2016, when I was just getting going selling drawings seriously.  I didn't have any big dream to "be an artist."  I simply could not get hired for ANY job, anything, for years, in North Carolina.  So I decided to work towards creating my own job.  My Sharpie art was the only thing that made me any money at the time, so that's what I focused on, beginning in November of 2015.  I, quite literally, started without a single dime.  My mom was always in financial crisis, and "needed" any money I made.  So once I got going, Alma Jo ordered 5 or 6 drawings, and I did this small Volkswagon van, as a "thank you," since she collects old VW's.  I'd like to do more classic/custom car drawings at some point.
 This was a partner to the Hippo drawing above.  It's another, old, classic, public domain photo done in my style, again with a bunch of purple, for some reason.  The caption reads, "Most progression in the world comes from the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos."
I drew this cross in about  August of 2012, and I wound up taking it to my mom's church (later mine as well).  This happened right after my dad died of a stroke, which was the main reason I moved in with my mom.  Don't worry I'm not going to preach at you.  I have plenty of my own drama to deal with, and your spiritual path, or lack of it, isn't my problem, generally speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...