Saturday, October 20, 2018

Got Matchbox cars? Got cash?


Maybe it's a bit of fate that loud entrepreneur Gary Vaynerchuk started this Trash Talk video series right when I'm starting over myself.  OK, he's a Russian-born (OK-technically Belarus, but you don't know the difference) immigrant from a family of hard working, hustling merchants who now runs a $200 million digital agency.  The "flipping" game of buying deals and reselling stuff for more money is old hat to him.  That's how he learned his chops in business.

Myself, I'm starting back from homelessness... again.  So I'm at the bottomlevel and working to build a new stream of income.  I can't actually talk about the underlying reasons for so many years of homelessness, but apparently somebody is telling small bits of my story to the neighbors of the area I'm spending my time in.  Turning the sprinklers on to try to ruin my artwork didn't work, goofballs.  So, pissed off neighbors aside, I need to build an income.  I make some unique Sharpie art, and sell it on a regular basis.  But that's not enough to get me back to "normal" life and a roof over my head. 

In addition, my new Facebook group, (Making money while making art) is aimed at creative people and making money in ways that help people keep being creative.  The"starving artist" is a stereotype, but it can happen.  It sucks.  But it doesn't have to.  So I'm looking for ways in our fast changing (and soon recession burdened) world to make money.  Flipping is one of those ways.  Maybe it'll work for you.

I've bought a few deals recently myself, and I'll show them once I turn them into cash.  But for now, check out the garage sale deals Gary Vaynerchuk finds in Jersey.  The deals are out there.  There have never been more ways to resell stuff for average people than there are now.  This is one good option to make extra cash, or even a full time living, if you're willing to do the work. 

And Gary is damn entertaining.  Enjoy.  Then go make shit happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...