Monday, October 22, 2018

D.I.Y. World Championships- Post 4

 Cruelsifix, continuing to rock us all into the dusk after RAMPLIFLIER contest ended.  The two brothers in the band, who names I never caught, were hitting the ramp right before playing, and one was getting maybe three feet out and the other about five feet out of the ten foot high quarter.  The rock ON and OFF their bikes.  They rock.  They ride.  They have a band name that will definitely cause some controversy for some, but I'm going to blow your cover, guys.  These rockers are all just plain really good guys.  
 Younger rider with a no-footer off the five foot high cinder block launch ramp... tp flat.  They launched to flat for a while, then the "John Deere ramp," a landing built with long strips of wood that made it look like a tractor tire pattern, was moved into its landing position. 
 You know, there are times when you just need to go into the curved wall ride, and get the help of a three foot tall cat to fix your bike, while a hamburger eating rocker looks on.  There was a prize for hi-fiving the cat while doing a curved wall ride.  That was pretty damn impressive when it happened.  This obstacle, the curved wall ride, also won the prize for best obstacle built by a group.
 It's 2018, and BMX events are a family thing these days.  The cute little blonde girl here wasn't all that impressed by the riding, but she seemed to have a good time anyway.  I'm pretty sure that PBR isn't hers, by the way.  Number 9 guy is apparently a Russian, judging from the name, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't an evil bot.  Oh yeah, this is actually a riding pic, too.  My new friend Adam, in the black stocking cap with the beard above the crowd, is actually sliding a bike rack rail from a launch, in the background. 

Adam saw my art earlier, and wanted a poem, but didn't have his wallet.  We talked for a minute, introduced ourselves, and I told him I'd forget his name.  We kept running into each other, and I wound up remembering his name by the end of the day.  Good guy.  He's the guy who won the Golden Hairclippers in my impromptu curved wall ride best trick comp at the end of the day. 
You might be asking why I'm running a lame photo of a cut off rider doing a no footer on the launch ramp.  I'm not.  This is an great photo of Adam chilling on the back of the three foot tall cat in the bottom left, and there just happens to be a rider doing a no footer in the foreground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...