Friday, August 10, 2018

Latest Drawing: Bob Dylan

Young Bob Dylan, this is the last drawing I did before heading out of NC to visit a friend in the Midwest.  I didn't get paid before I left for this one, which I was counting on.  So I headed out on the bus trip on faith.  Now I'm stuck in a city I've never been to before, Richmond, Virginia, and I need to sell this to buy my bus ticket the rest of the way up north. 

It's 18" X 24", Sharpies on paper, done in my unique Sharpie scribble style, and took 35-40 hours to draw.  In the background are chunks of lyrics to a whole bunch of his songs.  Looking for $150.  My price for new commissions is $175 now.

I did a pop up art show this morning, near a Starbuck's, just getting people's impressions of it as they rushed by trying to ignore me.  A couple of guys really dug it.  When you can stop someone who doesn't want to stop and talk, just with the drawing itself, that's a cool thing.  Bob's needs a new home, and I need a bus ticket.  Message Facebook or email me  if interested:  stevenemig13@gmail.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog post # 1,000- In 2015, I started really focusing on my creativity...

  Author of several books, including the novel, The Legend of Bagger Vance , and the non-fiction book on creativity, The War of Art , Steven...