Friday, August 3, 2018

A look at my Sharpie Scribble Style Art

 For the past 2 1/2 years, I've been drawing pictures of people's favorite athletes, bands and musicians.  Unable to find ANY job here in the Triad, I created my own.  This IS my job.  It doesn't pay much yet, but I work 60+ hours a week at it.  Each of these drawings take 30 to 40 to draw.  And right now, I have a big court fine to pay because I got arrested for a completely ludicrous reason last fall.  My normal drawing work makes me enough to just scrape by, but there's not enough extra to pay the full fine.  So if any of these strike your fancy, they're all available, most at Designs, Vines, and Wines at 625 Trade Street tonight (next to Single Brothers), here in Winston-Salem.  Check them out at the Gallery Hop tonight.  Above: "Jerry Garcia #1", Sharpies on paper, 18" X 24".  $250.  #sharpiescribblestyle
 Legendary pro surfer Kelly Slater, the second surfing drawing I've done, from an old photo of him getting barreled way back when.  Sharpies on paper, 18" X 24", $250 (but I'm REALLY willing to deal on this one, if Rachel at the studio is).  #sharpiescribblestyle
 The first woman of hard rock in my book, "Joan Jett: I Love Rock 'n Roll."  This one is at D,V,&W at 625 Trade tonight, but I'm moving her over to Earshot Music (3254 Silas Creek, across from Hanes Mall) soon if it doesn't sell.  Sharpies on paper, 18" X 24", $250 (but willing to deal). 

Below: "The Ramones" (3 of 4 of them, anyhow).  This is one of the earlier music drawings I've done, and it's living at Earshot Music (3254 Silas Creek in W-S), right now.  Jane and Phred at Earshot were the first to let me show my art and to promote me, when I came back to Winston last year, and I try to keep two large drawings on their wall.  But my last few music drawings have sold before even making it up on the wall.  There's just aren't enough old school punkers here who appreciate The Ramones, and that makes me really, really sad.  Sharpies on paper, 18" X 24", $120.  #sharpiescribblestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog post # 1,000- In 2015, I started really focusing on my creativity...

  Author of several books, including the novel, The Legend of Bagger Vance , and the non-fiction book on creativity, The War of Art , Steven...