Saturday, August 4, 2018

Don't we all need some CASH?

Hey, don't we all need some Cash?  I've spent the last 2 1/2 years doing original drawings and selling them for anywhere from $2 an hour to $5.50 and hour for the time I put into them.  At a time and place where I couldn't get ANY job, I created my own.  It's been one hell of an adventure and a tough ride.  I'm now a working artist scraping by on a few hundred bucks a month and living on the couch tour for now.

To step things up, I'm selling 100 signed and numbered copies of this Johnny Cash drawing.  It's 8 1/2" X 11,"  and done with Sharpies on paper, in my unique "scribble style."  The first three are spoken for, and the remaining 93, I will sell for $12 each

This is my way of doing two things.  1) Making a cool drawing that pretty much anyone can afford to buy, compared to the poster size originals that I've been selling for $120 to $250 .  2) FINALLY earning enough money to actually start a legit business.  I started a little over 2 1/2 years ago to focus on my art, literally without a single dime.  For a year and a half I lived in a highly toxic environment that was in continual financial crisis, that was not my own doing.  I wasn't able to re-invest hardly any of the little bit I earned.  I realized that to step it up, I had to leave that situation.

Fourteen months ago, I moved out of where I was living, and came here to Winston-Salem, NC, where I'd spent a lot of time, worked as a taxi driver, and a city that has a really good art scene.  I came here with $15, a backpack with a few clothes, a box of Sharpies, a big sketch pad, my niece's old laptop, and no place to live, and no income.  I wound up spending 9 1/2 months in a tent, (and three days in jail) through most of the winter, to turn my artwork into a steady income.  A small income, but steady.  I've had an absurd amount of drama happen, from enduring insane thunderstorms and 15 degree weather in my tent, to finding a small snake in my tent, to multiple threats to my life and well being.  I'm still here.  I'm still drawing. I'm still blogging.

It's time to step things up to the next level.  You can help me do that by buying one (or more) of these Johnny Cash prints.  He was one of my favorite musicians as a little kid, and his music has helped me through some tough times, as good music does.

If you want a copy, email me, I still don't have a phone at the moment (that will be solved soon, though).  stevenemig13@gmail.  You'll get the next print that's available when I hear from you.

Here's the Johnny Cash song that I first remember really liking as a little kid.  It's sort of the ultimate rat rod song, decades before rat rods were a thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog post # 1,000- In 2015, I started really focusing on my creativity...

  Author of several books, including the novel, The Legend of Bagger Vance , and the non-fiction book on creativity, The War of Art , Steven...