Thursday, August 30, 2018

It's freakin' hot...


It has been incredibly hot for the three weeks I've been here in Richmond, and in the mid-90s the last couple days.  I've spent a lot of time walking around from one place to another, with all my bags, sweating my ass off.  This song has come to mind several times as I stand at hot bus stops or carry my bags while doing errands, like I did, most of yesterday. 

I first heard this classic cowboy song performed at the Flying X Chuckwagon, a cowboy themed dinner and music venue outside Carlsbad, New Mexico, when I was a kid.  That was around 1980.  Here's the Sons of the Pioneers with the classic version of the song, Cool Water."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog post # 1,000- In 2015, I started really focusing on my creativity...

  Author of several books, including the novel, The Legend of Bagger Vance , and the non-fiction book on creativity, The War of Art , Steven...