Monday, August 13, 2018

Bernie Sanders rides Slam Bars

Remember yesterday when I told you there were some really cool murals here in Richmond, Virginia?  I saw this one on the bus today while headed for a library to work on my latest drawing.  Freakin' cool.  If you're an old school BMXer Has Been like me, this is cool mostly because it looks  so much like the slam pit punker on the S&M Bikes Slam Bars logo from way back.
In one of my former lives, as Chris Moeller's roommate and sporadic S&M Bikes worker, I put a lot of these stickers on bars back when the image was new.  So when I saw the Bernie mural during our last presidential/Russian hacked/non-election, I thought it was a great mural.  I had no idea it was here in Richmond until I rode by it half an hour ago.  Pretty cool that I randomly saw it today.  I was trying to think of a subject for an old school BMX post for today, I guess it's time for an S&M Bikes tale later today.
Here's the original Circle Jerks logo that inspired both the Slam Bar logo and the Bernie mural here in Richmond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog post # 1,000- In 2015, I started really focusing on my creativity...

  Author of several books, including the novel, The Legend of Bagger Vance , and the non-fiction book on creativity, The War of Art , Steven...