Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Sound System gonna bring me back up...


Two members of Operation Ivy bringin' back "Sound System," 34 years after it was written.

Working on the S&M Bikes video 44 Something in 1993, Chris Moeller broke out his punk rock cassette collection, and introduced me to ska punk legends, Operation Ivy, and a few other bands that we bootlegged on the video, in standard early 90's bike/skate DIY style.  I loved this band ever since.  Here's two of those guys rockin' it again.  

Think back to your teen and early 20's years.  How many times did you take a hit in some way, and you cranked up your own music collection, and it brought you out of the funk?  I think we've all done that at some point, maybe many times.  Great song from a band that was way more influential (ask the guys in Green Day, for example) than most people know.  Now you have the Knowledge.  So go find The Crowd.  Or just listen to their one full album here.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Slappy Days are here again...

I used to hate it when lazy magazine writers would use a popular old song title or tag line as the title to an article or TV segment, when I...