Tuesday, March 8, 2022

People I gave rides to in my taxi: 1999-2008

 

In my days as a taxi driver, mostly in and around Huntington Beach, California, I gave rides to thousands of people.  Here are a few of the most famous ones.  I could think of no one better to start this post off with than pro surfer Karina Petroni.  She's beautiful, she's dedicated to keeping our oceans as healthy as possible, and this woman can SURF.

This is a post I wrote on another blog several years ago.  Since I don't have a laptop at the moment to really write new stuff, I'm bringing this post here to live.  

As a taxi driver, I never knew who was going to climb in the back seat of my cab.  In life, we never know what life will throw at us next.  I've chased and achieved a few dreams, I've done lots of weird jobs, and I've survived a year on the streets of Southern California.  I'm 50 now and still chugging along. Failing doesn't make you a failure, not getting up and trying again after you fail makes you a failure.  

My zine of crazy taxi stories, launching my online store, is coming in a matter of days.

 Life Lesson:  NEVER QUIT

Skaters
Arto Saari
Stefan Janowski 
Dave Duncan

Surfers
 Christian Fletcher
Samba Mann
Karina Petroni 

Billionaire
 Larry Ellison -Oracle founder (It was 2003, he was only worth $9 Billion then)

Musicians
Ignite
Kerry Getz

Brawl/UFC/MMA fighters
Tank Abbot
Ken Shamrock

Tattoo Artist/BMXer 
"Big Island" Mike Castillo

BMXers
Barspinner Ryan Brennan
Keith Treanor
Chase Hawk
Ryan "Biz" Jordan
Todd Lyons
Cory Nastazio 
Adam Pope & Shaun Butler 
Chris Moeller 
"Midget" Cory Walters
Freddie Chulo 
Marvin Lotterle
Troy McMurray

There were others, but I lost the official list years ago, and these are the people I remember.   

I have a new blog about BMX, skateboard, action sports spots, check it out:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Slappy Days are here again...

I used to hate it when lazy magazine writers would use a popular old song title or tag line as the title to an article or TV segment, when I...