Monday, February 28, 2022

"Take the donuts," and other great thoughts... Maria Popova interviews Amanda Palmer


They had me a "donuts."  This is one of my favorite talks about art and being a creative person, and the struggles that go with that.  Maria begins the conversation with, "Let's talk about donuts..." a reference to a bit of  Amanda Palmer's book, The Art of Asking, and Henry David Thoreau living at Walden.  If you're a writer, artist, or any other kind of creative person, you may love this conversation.  That's all I'm going to say, other than it's from 2014, shortly after Amanda's book came out.  

I have a new blog now, about side hustles, gig jobs, small businesses, and making a living in this coming recession.  Check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...