Saturday, February 12, 2022

More Sharpie Scribble Style drawings...

Starting from above, Lana Del Rey, done for the 16th birthday of a girl named Erin, whose mother interviewed me for the Winston-Salem paper, in 2017.  Below, this is me standing on stage with the Maya Angelou drawing I did in 2018, at a 90th birthday party in Winston-Salem for Maya, a few years after her death, where she lived the last decades of her life.  Dr. Maya Angelou's niece and archivist, Ms. Johnson, has a full sized print of this in her collection.  Yoda, done for myself in 2016, and now living on a wall east of Chicago.  The Princess Leia drawing is one I started a couple days before Carrie Fisher got sick, and went to the hospital.  By some freaky coincidence, I was drawing this when she passed away.  RIP Carrie Fisher (she's getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame this summer, BTW... finally).  This is the second Johnny Cash drawing I did, and one of the earliest musician drawings.  It was in the small art show I did at Earshot Music in Winston-Salem, in November of 2017.  Bob Marley/One Love, done in 2017.  The Blues Brothers drawing is another one I did for the show at Earshot Music, in late 2017, it sold a couple days later.  The Ron Wilkerson drawing was the first large (18" X 24") BMX drawings I did in 2016, when I was just beginning to sell the drawings of people.  #sharpiescribblestyle, #steveemigart







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

UCLA-Gaza War/Pro Palestine college protests

  Democracy Now (of WBAI radio NYC/Pacifica Stations), April 30, 2024 report of students at Columbia University occupying Hamilton Hall, the...