Thursday, November 1, 2018

Thrift store haul 10/30/2018

 I needed to get a new duffel bag for my personal stuff. The one I have is nasty, because it got totally soaked in the last couple rains, since it's wrapped in a garbage bag that has some tears.  I call that "Racoon Self Storage," it's a homeless thing.  I put my clothes in garbage bags in side a duffel bag, put that in another garbage bag, and hide it in the bushes, woods, whatever.  Bam, homeless storage unit.  Anyhow, I needed a new duffel bag, that was the main reason for the trip to my favorite thrift store in my new city of Richmond.  On the right, you see the  London Fog canvas bag/carry-on I got cheap.
Now for the bargains.  Obviously, a Grolier Book Club edition of Green Eggs and Ham, pretty good shape, little ding on the top left.  I got a 70's-80's vintage Dumbo stuffed animal.  I got an 1976-85 era vintage Ernie from Sesame Street.  I got a 2005 Homer Simpson "Wooo-hoo" beer Koozie.  I got two beanie babies, a kitten and Peppermint, a Christmas one.  I got a 2015 Peanuts Lucy (McDonald's toy).  I got a pink giraffe made by the Japanese company that that makes a lot of Dragon Ball Z toys.  I got a deck of slot machine playing cards from 1988.  My personal favorite is the 1970 reprint of the Fall 1900 Sears & Roebuck's catalog.  The line drawings inside are total steampunk looking.  Oh, and a truck shaped metal lunchbox, it's a 2015 promotional gift from a local HVAC company, but it's cool as hell. 

Being a homeless guy looking to flip some stuff, you'd think money to buy stuff is the biggest thing holding me back.  But actually, I sold a drawing this week, and finding items that I can physically carry until I sell them is the real thing holding me back, since I carry all my art supplies and stuff everywhere I go already.  Anyhow, got some cool stuff cheap.  And I left 95% of what I wanted to buy at the store.  Total cost for this haul?  $6.25 + tax.  The London Fog bag cost $4.00.  Everything else was $2.25.  I'm starting to like thrift stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...