Tuesday, November 21, 2017

"We were all a bunch of dirtbags"

This is a drawing of Bob Marley I just finished a few days ago.  What can I say, I've been doing creative things my whole life.  I've been drawing since somebody put a crayon in my hand before I can remember, like many of you.  But I'm a late bloomer.  So now, in my 50's, my drawings in my unique "scribble style" technique with Sharpies.  My first solo show at indie music shop, Earshot Music in Winston-Salem, NC, opened a couple weeks ago.  Here's the Winston-Salem Journal artist profile that came out just before the show, written by Lisa O'Donnell.  I gave props to my BMX and action sports roots, and named a handful of the creative people who inspired me.  There was no way to list everyone, but a few of you are named in the article.  Thanks to all of you other former "dirtbags" of the action sports world for showing me that getting art out to the world is actually possible. 

I'm on a couch right now, not fully homeless.  I'm looking to sell enough drawings to get a cheap room as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slappy Days are here again...

I used to hate it when lazy magazine writers would use a popular old song title or tag line as the title to an article or TV segment, when I...