Wednesday, November 29, 2017

My recent Sharpie art, part 2

 I met pro surfer Karina Petroni, and a couple of her good friends, when I gave them rides in my taxi in Huntington Beach, CA in 2008.  When I wanted to try a surf picture, she came to mind.  This drawing of Karina duck diving under a wave was my first surf themed drawing in my Sharpie scribble style.  Sharpies on paper.  18" X 24".  Sold.
 This drawing of surfer Kelly Slater is done from an old photo, and is the first actual surfing drawing I tried.  Sharpies on paper, 18" X 24".  Available.  Below is a drawing, "Johnny Cash, The Man in Black," is in the show right now at Earshot Music in Winston-Salem, NC.  Sharpies on paper, 18" X 24".  Available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slappy Days are here again...

I used to hate it when lazy magazine writers would use a popular old song title or tag line as the title to an article or TV segment, when I...