Friday, November 17, 2017

Earshot Music Art Show: Drawings sold already


 It's been about ten days since the opening of my art show on the wall of Earshot Music in Winston-Salem (North Carolina).  Living in a tent all summer, meting lots of new people, and drawing like crazy helped make this happen.  The Kurt Cobain/Nirvana drawing, used as the online flyer above, sold the day before the show.  The Prince drawing below sold a couple of days ago.  Getting an artist profile in the Winston-Salem Journal, promotion by Earshot art coordinator Jane Buck and shop owner Phred got word out.  I also pounded the pavement and passed out a bunch of flyers in the Trade Street art district here. 
I'm totally stoked that lots of people seem to be psyched on my work, and that a couple have sold.  I'm not in this to be any kind of famous artist.  I just want to draw things that people dig and are psyched to hang on their wall.  Both drawings are Sharpies on paper, in my unique "scribble style," and 18" X 24". 

2 comments:

  1. Very cool Steve!! Never give up on doing what you enjoy...Winners never quit and quitters never win! Glad to see this happening for you. Your work is one-of-a-kind and AMAZING! Love Kenzie's dolphin pic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daphne. Things are looking up after a lot of long, tough years.

      Delete

Slappy Days are here again...

I used to hate it when lazy magazine writers would use a popular old song title or tag line as the title to an article or TV segment, when I...