Friday, September 22, 2017

Work is changing... FAST

I don't have kids of my own, like many of you do.  But I do have young family members who will be starting their working careers soon.  Above you see my four-legged niece Willow Belle, my smart, baseball-playing nephew Ethan, and my lovely and talented niece Katherine.  Ethan just started high school and Katherine just started college.

Five short years from now, as Ethan heads into college and Katherine heads into the career world, there will be about 9,206,340 LESS jobs in the U.S. than there are right now.  Really.  Those are jobs projected to be taken by robotics, artificial intelligence, and other technology by 2021.  Don't believe me?  Watch the CNBC clip below.  No one knows how we will find work for those left unemployed by tech, and any future economic downturns.  Are your kids ready for this?  It's a good time to think about that.






Willow, being a very affectionate dog, doesn't really have to worry.  And she can always get gigs as a Jerry Garcia K9 look-a-like if she does need to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UCLA-Gaza War/Pro Palestine college protests

  Democracy Now (of WBAI radio NYC/Pacifica Stations), April 30, 2024 report of students at Columbia University occupying Hamilton Hall, the...