Saturday, September 30, 2017

Just how talented ARE today's robots?


As I've mentioned recently, the more I look into the world of future jobs, the more I read and hear about robotics and artificial intelligence (AI) taking over jobs now done by humans.  We are all familiar with sci-fi robots like R2D2, C3P0, and the Terminator.  But just how crazy are the robots out there in the real world?  Here are several different types of robots that are functional and in development right now.  You'll notice that a lot of them mimic animals of various types.  Does the world really need a robot shark?  Definitely not near good surf breaks, but I'm sure various military and intelligence agencies have uses for it. 

It's funny that a robot chef now exists, but we still don't have smoke detectors that automatically order a pizza when you burn dinner.  That one seemed obvious to me.  I'm sure someone will market it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UCLA-Gaza War/Pro Palestine college protests

  Democracy Now (of WBAI radio NYC/Pacifica Stations), April 30, 2024 report of students at Columbia University occupying Hamilton Hall, the...