Saturday, September 9, 2017

Prince tribute drawing: take two

 After Prince's surprise death last year, I did a drawing of him.  That drawing was snapped up by Rob Lawrence in the U.K..  In the course of drawing that one, I found a ton of Prince music I'd never heard before, and finally realized what a musical genius he was.  Purple Rain and Raspberry Beret were part of the soundtrack of my high school years.  But I hadn't heard much after that. 

So the idea for another drawing started brewing.  Now that I'm doing my first solo show for local Winston-Salem music shop Earshot, I knew it was time to make it happen.  This is the only drawing that will be in the show that I'm going to put on social media ahead of time.  It's 18" X 24", Sharpies on paper, colored in my unique "scribble style."  $120 if you're interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment

UCLA-Gaza War/Pro Palestine college protests

  Democracy Now (of WBAI radio NYC/Pacifica Stations), April 30, 2024 report of students at Columbia University occupying Hamilton Hall, the...