Saturday, September 23, 2017

Robot arm versus Samurai Sword Master


I ran across this video a month or so ago.  Since I blogged yesterday about how robotics will take over lots of human jobs in the coming years, its wise to see just how good robotics can be.  I first saw a sword master cutting rolled bamboo mats as a kid in person.  It's freakin' amazing how good these guys (and gals) are, and how sharp and strong a katana is.  But this clip blew my mind.  I give the flower cut to the swordmaster.  But the pea pod cut is just plain amazing. 

A couple of lessons here:  Don't piss off a Japanese kendo master or a blue robotic arm holding a katana.  The longer term lesson is, if a robotic arm can be this precise, what jobs won't it be able to do in our future world?

No comments:

Post a Comment

UCLA-Gaza War/Pro Palestine college protests

  Democracy Now (of WBAI radio NYC/Pacifica Stations), April 30, 2024 report of students at Columbia University occupying Hamilton Hall, the...