Saturday, July 8, 2017

The Ramones

 When I first moved to Huntington Beach in 1987, I met a BMX freestyler at the pier named Mike. Over the course of the next couple years he started introducing me to the punk and underground music I'd largely missed until then.  He was a huge fan of the Ramones.  We actually met Joey Ramone one night at the lunch truck outside a club called Scream.  Before long, I had Ramones Mania in my Walkman in my Vision Street Wear hip sack as I rode night after night.  So when I started drawing pictures of musicians, doing a couple Ramones pics was inevitable.
Both are Sharpies on paper, 18" X 24".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...