Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Martin Aparijo drawing

My third in the series of Old School pro BMX freestyle drawings is this one of Martin Aparijo.  A lot of people liked the "Dizz-pocalypse" drawing of John "Dizz" Hicks, and I sold a few.  Then there was a bigger response to the Dave Voelker foot plant drawing, and I sold about 15.  Talking to Martin a month or so ago, he said I could draw one of him.  So here it is.  My deal with these drawings is to draw something and make copies average people an afford.  Then I ultimately give the original to the rider themselves.  This way I make some money to get my act together again, people who like my art get a cool, affordable piece to hang on the wall, and the riders get a cool original drawing of themselves for decoration or promotion. 

Martin Aparijo is one of the pioneers of a ton of standard flatland tricks, and one of the first pros many of us looked up to, when getting into BMX freestyle in the first wave of popularity in the mid-1980's.  He was a long time GT pro rider, kicked butt in contests, and did hundreds, probably a few thousand, shows over many years.  This drawing is classic Martin Aparijo all they way, full GT leathers, doing a bar endo.

It's drawn in my unique Sharpie scribble style, from a photo.  The whole thing is layers of scribbles, and each color is made up of 3 to 8 colors of scribbles layered over each other.  It's a technique I invented. 

I'm selling 50 copies of this drawing, each full size, 11" X 14," high quality color copies on card stock.  I'm going to sign and number each one, and Martin has agreed to sign them all as well, which is awesome.  You can by one (or more) for $20 each, and that includes shipping (about $8 total usually) in the continental U.S..  Elsewhere, it will be $15 plus shipping costs. 

To order one:
Message me on Facebook (Steve Emig- Huntington Beach), or email me at: stevenemig13@gmail.com  . Payment will be $20 to by Paypal at that same email address.  

15 sold... 35 left (as of 4 pm Pacific, 10/16/2019)

Please send your address in the message, email, or paypal payment.  For foreign orders, email or message me, so I can reserve your place number, and then I'll figure shipping costs and get back to you to arrange payment.

Here are some more photos of Martin signing drawings last night at H.B. Tuesday, and one of Martin and Edgar Plascencia with his drawing.  Thanks again Martin for this opportunity.

 #sharpiescribblestyle

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slappy Days are here again...

I used to hate it when lazy magazine writers would use a popular old song title or tag line as the title to an article or TV segment, when I...