Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Boozer Mike Memorial Jam 2019- #9

 This jump, now the main big style jump at Sheep Hills, is called Titties.  So don't get mad at me parents when you read "Titties" or "Tits" in the rest of these posts.  Not sure who this rider is, and I missed the peak of the trick, like I usually do shooting with a phone.  But here's a no footed seat grab over Titties.  Make up your own joke there you dirty minded fool.  Boozer banner on the landing in fill effect.
 BMX dirt jumping is a fringe activity born out of Generation X.  That makes the Booze Mike Memorial Jam an Old School Gen X counter culture event.  And that means big, old guys, on a smokin' hot day, in black T-shirts. 
 Not just a locals only event, there were real, live serious photographers there all day.  So, unlike my blog posts here, there will be really good photos of the event somewhere soon.
 Lifelong dirt jumper, S&M Bikes warehouse manager, and my onetime roommate, Jason "Timmy" Ball.  When he first showed up in Huntington Beach, as an 18-year-old young buck from Colorado, Jason was introduced to BMX industry legend, McGoo.  The story I heard later that night was that McGoo said, "Jason, there's too many fucking Jasons around here, from now on you're code name Timmy."  That was about 1993.  Twenty five plus years later, he's still called Timmy.  But then, I'm still The White Bear.  Timmy got a lot of riding in Saturday, as always.
 I just liked this helmet sticker assemblage.
 Listen up fuckers...
Young, old, little wheels, big wheels... whatever.  Just ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slappy Days are here again...

I used to hate it when lazy magazine writers would use a popular old song title or tag line as the title to an article or TV segment, when I...