Monday, October 28, 2019

Boozer Mike Memorial Jam 2019- #10

 I'm an old Has Been industry guy, I'm fat, I don't have and I don't have bike right now.  But I'm a guy who has been wandering by Sheep since before it was even there.  I used to jump the jumps up where the condos are now, before Sheep.  I didn't know Mike near as well as the hardcore jumpers from Sheep.  But I knew him.  My reason for heading down there was to make a small contribution to the cause, in my own way.  My Sharpie are has gotten pretty decent, so I drew this Mike Brown Bow Legged X-up Ale bottle, and I mounted it on a skate deck, the new direction my work is taking.  This is Mike mom Cathy with the deck. 
 While I'm not riding now, I'll get there again, and I spent 20 years of my life riding BMX bikes nearly every day.  People were stoked on the drawing, and I was stoked to help the cause a little in the way I could.  And also, it was just a damn fun day to hang and watch a few old riders, and a whole bunch of the younger ones, bust out and shred.  It was an epic BMX day.  I'm sure Mike was stoked, looking down from his perch, wherever that is. 


I think this one of the bikes that got raffled off later on.  The three raffles for $1 a ticket, $5 a ticket, and $20 a ticket (for Mike's rebuilt bike, and much to my surprise, my art deck).  A lot of people won amazing prizes for a small price of a raffle ticket. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slappy Days are here again...

I used to hate it when lazy magazine writers would use a popular old song title or tag line as the title to an article or TV segment, when I...