Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Boozer Mike Memorial Jam 2019- #1


Dylan Stark took a pounding trying to roll away from a tailwhip 180 at the Boozer Memorial Jam last weekend.  While he was punishing his body, someone in his posse got this footage. It's the first edit I've seen up from the weekend. 

Roughly 7 years after being paralyzed in a racing accident, Sheep Hills local from the earliest days, and all around character, Boozer Mike Brown died from his continuing health issues in August.  This Halloween Jam was originally planned to be the next Boozer Jam.  Since Mike passed on, it turned into the first annual Boozer Mike Memorial Jam.  In a series of blog posts, here are my photos, some videos from YouTube, and a few words about Mike, and the jam.  This is what BMX is all about in my book.  It was a great day at Sheep Hills.  I think Mike would have been stoked on it.

Drawing I did for Boozer Jam 2016.  But I got it to Mike late, so he ended up with it.  Josh Stricker with some classic one handed table style at Sheep.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Slappy Days are here again...

I used to hate it when lazy magazine writers would use a popular old song title or tag line as the title to an article or TV segment, when I...