Friday, December 21, 2018

My art's in Workshop RVA: in Richmond's Arts District

 As of yesterday, prints of these three small drawings of mine (all 8 1/2" X 11"), are on the wall and available at Workshop, located at 420 W. Broad.  That's on the west end of the Arts District here in Richmond, a short walk from VCU.  I mentioned a couple weeks ago that I didn't manage to get anything together for December's First Friday Art Walk.  So I just wandered around, checking out the scene and talking to a few artists and galleries.  I wandered into Workshop, and started talking to Sean and Justice there.  In my current situation (homeless), I look really sketchy, but they were cool right off the bat, and really stoked when I showed them my big Sumatran Tiger Sharpie drawing.  We talked for quite a while, and they decided to help me get some exposure as I work to get my living situation back on track.  So I dropped off a handful of prints of these three drawings yesterday.  They're small and inexpensive, if you're a fan of Marley, Cash, or Biggie you should check 'em out.  My large Sumatran Tiger drawing will be up and available at Workshop as soon as I can get a frame for it.

I'm really stoked to be up in a really cool spot in the Arts District, and working with a couple of really cool guys, and I appreciate their help right now.  There are a bunch of great paintings and work by others artists, and clothes for sale in Workshop, as well.  Check the place out.  Here's a recent article about it with more info, or you can check out the Workshop website

Like any creative person, I have a ton of ideas, and hopefully will be able to bring many to life in conjunction with Workshop.  Thanks again for the opportunity Sean and Justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...